A Visit to Whidbey Island

 Hi readers today I will be telling you about my visit to Whidbey Island.

It was a nice sunny morning on July 26th, 2024, and I was super excited to go to Whidbey Island, but first I had to go to my swimming class at Redmond Pool. After my swimming class I quickly had breakfast and helped my dad get the car ready for the trip. We were going with another friend's family. Then we left for our meeting point which was a place called Avon Villa. After they came we decided our next halt. Then we got in our cars and left for this place called Deception pass 

 An hours' drive later, we arrived at the lake we saw people fishing. We enjoyed a small game of soccer at this big field and then we decided to head for Fort Casey. Then an hour later we pulled into Fort Casey. But before we could go explore the fort, we needed to have our picnic. For our picnic we had pasta and some sandwiches with cherries for dessert. 



 It was a hot summer afternoon, so we decided to try out some local ice-cream in the little town of Coupeville. We had ice cream at KawPaws Iskreme. Then after the yummy ice cream we went to a museum. In the museum we saw a replica of British soldiers meeting natives and trading it was so cool. I also saw some old telephones and big ship models.  

                                         


There was a unique sculpture forest nearby which had an exhibition using augmented reality. I was super excited to go there. Once we reached there, we had to download an app to see some of the sculpture's by pointing it at a compass. It was nice 0.6 mile walk through the forest while we saw some other interesting sculptures.





 It was time to head back to Seattle using a ferry. The ferry we were traveling on was the MV. Suquamish. It was a pleasant day spent on Whidbey Island and I immensely enjoyed it.

















Comments

  1. Kritarth, Very good! Excellent pictures. Good information. Josisir

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A road trip to remember

A Visit to Palm springs

My Trip To Seaside