A Visit to Palm springs

It was early in the morning, and I woke up to the sound of my mom's footsteps going to the kitchen. I tried to go back to sleep but I just couldn't because I was too excited to go to Palm Springs, California. We had already packed our bags the night before and our uncle was coming to drop us off to the airport, where we will be meeting our friends and fly together. It was the middle of December and departures were all backed up, like the Wall Street had just closed for the trading day.

 After 40 minutes we arrived a SeaTac international airport and I hugged my uncle, and we went into the Alaska airlines section. The SeaTac airport is spread in an area of 2500 acres and has 3 runways. The airport entered service in 1949 and is owned by port of Seattle.  There we checked in for our flight and we waited for our other friend's family to come. Once they arrived, they checked in and we all went to security check and then we went on a tram to the N gates, our gate was n11. Once we arrived at the n gates, we saw the grinch a Santa and a winter queen we took pictures with them. Our flight was on time, as the plane was taking off. My friend and I said, "bye bye Seattle". We could see the Mt Rainier as were taking off, it was breathtaking.  



Travel during the holidays can be stressful and we got a taste of it in the plane. The old lady sitting next to us was going from Ontorio, Canada and they had been in transit for last 40 hours, as they had missed the connection due to their flight delays. We could feel the pain in her voice. But just talking about the destination, about her little rescue cat she was carrying made her more jovial. I feel, it is duty of each passenger to make travel a bit easier for our next seated passenger. Could be kind worlds, a little help with the bag or just a simple smile.

We arrived at Palm Springs International airport in our Boeing 737-800 on time. My notion was what an "international" airport was quickly shattered. I was comparing it to other international airports like Dubai, Qatar, Seattle etc. The airport just has 2 runways which were built in 1939 by United states Corps of Engineers. In 1986 the name of the airport was changed from Palm Springs Municipal airport to Palm Springs International airport. The airport has come a long way, and it handles 1 million passengers per year and serves the needs of the Coachella Valley and the Riverside County.

After checking out from the airport, we took our rental car from Avis. My family got a Toyota Camry and my friend's family got a Honda civic. After picking up some groceries, for our stay, we headed to our AirBnb rental. It was a huge house with 5 bedroom and 3 bathroom and capacity of 12 people.Our family put our luggage in the bedroom on the first floor and my friend's family took the second floor. We were too excited to sleep early but our tiredness from the trip got the better of us.

The next day I woke up and folded my bed and then my friend wakes up and she folds her bed. Then me and my friend go downstairs, and my parents are already awake, so they give us milk and we have breakfast. We were going to Joshua tree national park.

Our first stop is the Joshua tree national park visitor center. The park is a place were two distinct desert ecosystems Mojave and the Colorado meet. After checkin in with the range who guides us to Skull Rock and the Keys View, we hit the road. Our next stop is Skull rock when we get there, we climb a big rock and take pictures. 


Following that we go to Key's view. It provides a really cool panoramic view of the Coachella valley. We can locate the location of our rental in the Coachella Valley, from the map at the location. Our last stop for the day is the visitor center, where I get my junior rangers' badge. It is already dark; we grab some Indian food and head home. California unlike Seattle has really good restaurants at reasonable rates. 



The next day it's my dad's birthday and I give him his birthday card and wish him happy birthday. The weather is not expected to be good for travelling so we decided to cave in our house. We heat up the indoor pool and the jacuzzi. It was time to show off my swimming chops. I put on my goggles and go to the edge of the jacuzzi. It is about 4 inches jump from the jacuzzi to the main pool so I angle myself into a dive rate and I jump but turns out I did a belly flop instead. After a few more tries I finally did it but turns out my dad was better than me at doing diving's. Then when I was about to do another jump I slipped and hit my arm on the edge and after incident I decided to sit in the jacuzzi pool. 

After washing up my friend and I played a game called guess it. One person had to act out a word and the other person had to guess the word. In the middle of the game my mom and my friends' parents went to a bakery to get my dad's birthday cake. Once they'd come back, we cut the cake. The cake was really yummy and had apricot, blueberry's, strawberries, and kiwis. The cake had jam filling and the cake was freshly made. After cake we went to this place called monsoon Indian cuisine which had a really nice relaxing vibe to it.  After eating dinner at the restaurant, we went back to our resort house and went to bed.

The next day came around and I woke up and went to the kitchen. My parents were already awake, so they gave me milk meanwhile my friend and her family were still sleeping today was our last day in palm springs. I really did not want to go because to be honest with you, Palm springs is a fantastic place to live in. I really wanted to stay in Palm springs, but I know I couldn't. 

We had to leave by sharp 10am but our flight was not until 3pm. So, we decided to go to a place in Palm Springs downtown called Walk of the Stars. The weather was warm, and we had a scoop of ice-cream at Lapperts. After walking up and down the downtown streets, it was time to catch our plane back home.

Our return flight was with Delta, and we were flying Boeing 737-800. I had the chance to experience the hospitality of both Alaska and Delta in one trip. The Delta had good inflight experience, but we felt the hostess of Alaska were more cordial.

 

                                                      











  
                                                           
                                                                    


                                          




   

Comments

  1. Kritarth, It is a attempt from you. Very good informative note from you. We expect more like this. Good. Josi George

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A road trip to remember

My Trip To Seaside